Eighty-one working days left.
Do you mind if I start with that news? LOL. It’s almost impossible to NOT count the days left before retirement. I’ve pretty much worked somewhere since I was 17, so after 39 years, it’s too exciting to ignore. I imagine a LOT of folks could/would/did say the same thing!
Okay, on to business. I’m knee-deep in the third round of revisions on Rage. Chapters 1 – 17 are “done”. After I do two more chapters, I’ll be halfway through. Can you tell I’m a “list maker”/counter of things? I’m still shooting to be finished with all the #3 revisions before the year is up, which, at this rate, I believe I’ll do.
Once I’m done, I’ll ask a few select folks to read it – see what they think. Probably January? That’s my best guess.
I’m not doing Nano this year. I think I mentioned that last time. But I was actually interviewed at my job ABOUT writing and Nano – kind of a new thing the library is doing this year. Since I’m the “local fiction writer” of Milner Library, I was fortunate enough to score a brief interview with our Dean, Dallas Long. It was pretty cool. Of course, I started out pretty clunky, but after a while, my answers leveled out. LOL. I’ll post a link when it goes Live. (I haven’t seen the finished product yet)
Have you checked out the other pages on the blog lately? There’s NEW interviews (Spotlight AND Meet & Greet) that have been posted as of late. If you have the time, please do check them out.
I’m still working my way through a beginner’s book for French Horn. Sometimes, it almost sounds like an actual song. Other times, the noises resemble a herd of cows on the loose. So, you know, learning…
As for the latest viewing:
- Social Dilemma – Good documentary. Charlie and I actually stopped mid-way through to check FB. (irony much?)
- Fargo (Season 2) – Well written show. We’re enjoying it. I’d recommend it.
- Borat 2 – OMG. Some of the scenes were mindblowingly hilarious. Probably not as “funny” as the first, but beyond edgy.
- The Invisible Man (2020) – Not bad. I’m glad we didn’t pay $15 or whatever to see it in a theater, but, yeah,it was okay. Charlie liked it better than I did.
- The Octopus Teacher – Watch this. Incredible on so many levels.
And of course – VOTE.